There are different ways to get young children interested in learning Chinese, story-telling is the oldest but the most effective methodology. Yeah! Chinese adopts a story-based approach to structure the content. By narrating stories that made up by personal experiences, everyday life experience, and cultural backgrounds, the way of story-telling does not only help in bringing the teacher and students closer, but also arousing students’ interest in learning a new language in an interactive environment. With carefully selected vocabularies from YCT and IB examination syllabus, students will learn over 300 vocabularies after completing the whole series.
To Win: IBDP Chinese B Listening Comprehension Skills
Listening skills are normally regarded as the most essential skills to develop for second language learners. The IBDP Language B New Syllabus of 2018 (First exam in 2020) has added “Listening comprehension” into the examination to emphasise the importance of listening. To Win: Chinese B Listening Comprehension Skills, published on April 2018, was designed to meet the immediate needs for teaching materials to train listening skills and to prepare for IBDP Chinese exam. It was written according to the five prescribed themes included in the IBDP New syllabus. Under each theme, three topics are presented to cover a wide range of areas, such as family life, leisure activities, online world, future studies and career, environment, society and economy, and so on.
There are also different types of exercises included in this book. Students will find them particularly helpful for developing the listening skills. Two sets of mock exam papers for SL and HL respectively are attached for students to assess their competence.
1. Chinese in Steps vol.1 - Student Book
2. Chinese in Steps vol.2 - Student Book
3. Contemporary Chinese vol.1 - Textbook
4. Workbook for Chinese Character Writing
5. Chinese in Steps vol.3 - Student Book
6. Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 1 - Textbook (Simplified characters)
7. Chinese GCSE vol.2 - Student Book
8. Contemporary Chinese vol.1 - Exercise Book
9. Chinese GCSE vol.2 - Workbook
10. Reading Into a New China vol.1 - Deciphering a Changing Society
1. Chinese in Steps vol.2 - Student Book
2. Business Chinese: 20 Essential Topics
3. Chinese for Business Leaders - Vol.2
4. Chinese for Business Leaders - Vol.1
5. Chinese in Steps vol.1 - Student Book
6. GCSE Chinese Writing Revision Guide
7. Chinese GCSE (9-1) vol.1 - Student Book
8. Easy Steps to Chinese vol.1 - Textbook
9. Chinese GCSE (9-1) vol.1 - Workbook
10. Easy Steps to Chinese vol.5 - Workbook
Our bookshop in London
If you are in London, don't miss out on visiting our bookshop! You can browse thousands of books and art supplies over two levels.
Event in Nov
Join our November book talk jointly held with Balestier Press! Hear a mind-opening discussion on Taiwan’s young adult literature and how its translation impacts the young readers here in Britain.