The bilingual Read About China series covers themes of Chinese culture, social aspects of China, famous Chinese literary excerpts, pictorial symbols of China, famous Chinese heroes, Chinese food, Kung-fu, Chinese characters, etc. This series helps Chinese learners and those who are interested in China expand their knowledge about China and the Chinese culture from various perspectives. It is suitable for students at the pre-intermediate to advanced level of Chinese.
Memories of Peking: South Side Stories
As a prolific writer, LIN Haiyin established her reputation with the famous autobiographical novel Memories of Peking: South Side Stories (Chengnan Jiushi), published in the 1960's. Through the observant and precocious little girl, Ying-tzu, it tells five sequential stories of a Taiwanese family living in Peking in the 1920s. When six years old, Ying-tzu helps to unite a mad woman who lives at 'Hui-an Hostel' with her long-lost daughter. When her mother gives birth to her fourth younger sister, she helps to stop a growing romance between an attractive woman and her father. On the day she graduates from primary school, her childhood comes to an end as her father passes away. Readers sense a touch of loss, sadness, and bewilderment in Ying-tzu's understanding and handling of the adult world through LIN Haiyin's great sensitivity and her proficient lyrical writing style. This book is a bilingual English-traditional Chinese version.
1. Theoretical Training Course in Health Qigong
2. The Cambridge Illustrated History of China
3. Two little cats - The Chinese Library Series
4. Romance de los Tres Reinos - Biblioteca de clasicos chinos chino-espanol
5. Meimei the Panda - Seasons - The Chinese Library Series
6. Version of Classical Chinese Poetry: Book of Poetry
7. Keep Fit the Chinese Way
8. Diving into Chinese - Level 1
9. The Little Prince
10. A la orilla del agua - Biblioteca de clasicos chinos
1. Bronze and Sunflower
2. First Step to Chinese Puerh Tea
3. Selections from Strange Tales from the Liaozhai Studio - Library of Chinese Classics Series
4. The Illustrated Book of Changes
5. Selections from Records of the Historian - Library of Chinese Classics Series
6. Heart of the Brush: The Splendor of East Asian Calligraphy
7. The Obsessed
8. The Rabbit and the Tortoise - My First Chinese Storybooks Series
9. Welcome to Shandong
10. Selected Modern Chinese Essays vol.2
Our bookshop in London
If you are in London, don't miss out on visiting our bookshop! You can browse thousands of books and art supplies over two levels.
The Magic Animal World
Reading for the Summer
The Orange shortlisted author Xiaolu Guo is coming to Guanghwa Bookshop to talk about her new book 'Once Upon a Time in the East - A Story of Growing Up'.