We love appreciating Chinese calligraphy and painting. Why not start learning by yourself? All you need is a brush, some colours, a rice paper and a good beginner guide (they are all available on our website). Here we are recommending you the complete series of Chinese paintings and calligraphy guides. Follow the steps on the books and start by washing your brushes technically, picking your colours and paper, and holding your brush correctly, until you draw and write your first stroke!
Memories of Peking: South Side Stories
As a prolific writer, LIN Haiyin established her reputation with the famous autobiographical novel Memories of Peking: South Side Stories (Chengnan Jiushi), published in the 1960's. Through the observant and precocious little girl, Ying-tzu, it tells five sequential stories of a Taiwanese family living in Peking in the 1920s. When six years old, Ying-tzu helps to unite a mad woman who lives at 'Hui-an Hostel' with her long-lost daughter. When her mother gives birth to her fourth younger sister, she helps to stop a growing romance between an attractive woman and her father. On the day she graduates from primary school, her childhood comes to an end as her father passes away. Readers sense a touch of loss, sadness, and bewilderment in Ying-tzu's understanding and handling of the adult world through LIN Haiyin's great sensitivity and her proficient lyrical writing style. This book is a bilingual English-traditional Chinese version.
1. First Step to Chinese Puerh Tea
2. Month -Sinolingua Reading Tree Level 1
3. Xiaolong's Birthday Present - My First Chinese Storybooks Series
4. Old Tales Retold
5. Strings of Life
6. Laughing Lost in the Mountains
7. Chinese Martial Arts
8. At Middle Age
9. The Boat to Redemption
10. Miss Sophie's Diary and Other Stories
1. Romance de los Tres Reinos - Biblioteca de clasicos chinos chino-espanol
2. Sinolingua Reading Tree Level 5 (Set of 10)
3. First Step to Chinese Puerh Tea
4. Ancient Chinese Literature - Fiction
5. TLC Atlas of Chinese Crude Drugs in Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China
6. 9 nianji 3 ban di 3 ji
7. Chinese Regular Script Calligraphy for Beginners - How To Series
8. Chinese Idioms about Monkeys and Their Related Stories(Book + CD-ROM) - The Chinese Library Series
9. Clinical Applications of The Yellow Emperor's Canon on Internal Medicine
10. Self-Therapies for Common Diseases
Our bookshop in London
If you are in London, don't miss out on visiting our bookshop! You can browse thousands of books and art supplies over two levels.
Event in Nov
Join our November book talk jointly held with Balestier Press! Hear a mind-opening discussion on Taiwan’s young adult literature and how its translation impacts the young readers here in Britain.