There are different ways to get young children interested in learning Chinese, story-telling is the oldest but the most effective methodology. Yeah! Chinese adopts a story-based approach to structure the content. By narrating stories that made up by personal experiences, everyday life experience, and cultural backgrounds, the way of story-telling does not only help in bringing the teacher and students closer, but also arousing students’ interest in learning a new language in an interactive environment. With carefully selected vocabularies from YCT and IB examination syllabus, students will learn over 300 vocabularies after completing the whole series.
Chinese Treasure Chest vol.1 (Simplified characters)
Now introducing the 2nd edition of Chinese Treasure Chest (vol.1), a set of teaching resources full of innovative ideas and exciting activities. Through these fun and meaningful lessons, your students can not only learn Chinese, but also develop an appreciation for Chinese culture. There are hundreds of ready-to-use activities, games, songs, craft projects, attractively illustrated worksheets and teacher-directed activities included in this book. In this edition, many activities have been improved upon, and many new ideas were added. Additional worksheets, projects and songs related to Chinese New Year will engage your students during the most special festival in China. If your students are keen to decorate your classroom, 12 full-colour posters related to Chinese and China can be downloaded from cengagechinese.com.
1. Chinese in Steps vol.1 - Student Book
2. Chinese in Steps vol.2 - Student Book
3. Business Chinese: 20 Essential Topics
4. Chinese in Steps vol.3 - Student Book
5. Chinese GCSE vol.2 - Student Book
6. Workbook for Chinese Character Writing
7. Contemporary Chinese vol.1 - Textbook
8. Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 1 - Textbook (Simplified characters)
9. YCT Standard Course 1
10. Chinese GCSE vol.2 - Workbook
1. Chinese Treasure Chest vol.1 (Simplified characters)
2. The Stories of Tiantian 1D
3. Chinese Treasure Chest vol.2 (Simplified characters)
4. The Stories of Tiantian 1B
5. YCT Standard Course 2
6. Chinese for AS (Simplified characters)
7. The Girl in the Painting - Rainbow Bridge Graded Chinese Reader, Starter: 150 Vocabulary Words
8. YCT Standard Course 1
9. Business Chinese: Challenge to Read - Intermediate vol.1
10. The Stories of Tiantian 1C
Our bookshop in London
If you are in London, don't miss out on visiting our bookshop! You can browse thousands of books and art supplies over two levels.
Event in Nov
Join our November book talk jointly held with Balestier Press! Hear a mind-opening discussion on Taiwan’s young adult literature and how its translation impacts the young readers here in Britain.